Object Edit 1.7
Old versionsSee all
Object Edit was originally designed to bridge the gap between Notepad (which can only deal with files 64K or less in size) and WordPad (which is kind of overkill for text files).
Object Edit is a lightning-fast replacement for the Notepad applet that is included with every copy of Windows.
Main Features :
- Fast, powerful text editor for Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
- Opens files of any size (limited only by memory!)
- User configurable syntax highlighting for .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .HTM, .HTML, .JAVA (1.1.2), and .PAS files
- Configurable font (size, type, color, background) for display
- Print with the font currently being used to view a file
- Word wrap
- Undo/Redo feature
- Search and replace text in the document
- Office 97-style flat toolbar with flyover help and menus with accelerator key support (can be disabled)
- RMB access to all menu functions
- Line, column, mode, and file status display
- File Properties reference
- Support for loading and saving text files in PC, Macintosh, and UNIX format